jaye’s spot

Friday, August 8, 2008

Sad....

OK, I'm new to this game and started making templates as a way to be creative. When I first started digital scrapping I relied heavily on templates, thank you Andrea Gold! I still enjoy using them once in a while but have found I really like to make them. Here's where this is going..........I just saw that someone else is offering up one of my templates from their 4Shared account. I d/l the file out of curiosity and sure enough there it is, just the PSD file. TOU and preview are both gone.......why? I give them for free on my blog and will continue to do so. I left 2 comments for them on their 4Shared and wrote down their email address but what next? Do I bother emailing this person and letting them know? Is it worth the hassle for me, I mean mine are freebies.

Needless to say no freebie tonight, not sure what I want to do next. The photomasks are fun and I enjoy them but am having a bit of a block as what to do. The frames were fun too but wasn't in the mood to do any.


There's some news I'm waiting on...........will be sharing it in a couple of weeks. Don't want to say anything and jinx myself. Let's just say I'm very excited about it.

Completed some layouts today. Did one using Scrap Orchard's August Mega Back 2 School, it's a sweet kit with lots of goodies in it. If you want CU items, alphas, brag book, papers, elements.....it's big and fun, the colours are great.

I made a QP for the QP Olympics over at Sunshine Studio. This month the featured kit is Bohemian Rock Candy by Franziska and it is available for 20% off. It's a great deal, you get the kit on sale, make a QP of your own, submit it and at the end of the month you receive all the QP's that were made from the kit. Kind of like receiving your very own album.

Shameless advertising section:




Available at Both: Franziska's Dusk Dew
Polka Dot Plum's Road Trip


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry - no advice on the freebie question.

Hope it does not put you off creating and offering them though.

Have a good weekend.

Ava in Wonderland said...

Uhg, I am sorry that happened to you. :(

Armina said...

well, I'm with you... I have that issue before and emailed the person, then she removed it from 4shared.

Elaine said...

The same thing happened to one of my digi friends. She was sent an email and told to remove it. Guess these people don't realize it's called Pirating. Too bad there always has to be a few bad apples in the barrell. Anyway I would at least send them an email, if they don't remove it from their blog I would make sure they were reported.

Elaine said...

Sorry it was my friend that sent the email to the other person who stole it and used it as a freebie on her blog as her own. Should read over what I write before sending, LOL

Beth said...

oh no, I'm sorry that happened to you. That really sucks. I hope 4shared will resolve it for you.

Bird Stalker Photography said...

I am so sorry this happened! People no better and it is ashame because it ruins things for the good people.

chigirl said...

sorry to hear about the pirate, you should notify 4shared, I believe they will close the pirates account. Digitreats is going through the same thing right now, her blog may some advise for you, http://digitreats.typepad.com/

I have enjoyed your templates, I hope you do not stop making them. And good luck with your new, and as yet undisclosed, adventure.

cjpeterson38 said...

It is sad! But God will take care of them.