jaye’s spot

Monday, July 21, 2008

Conversation with a 10 year old- Freebie template

Too hot be outside today, even my laundrey didn't dry on the line that's how sticky it was, ugh.

I have another freebie for you as well, just have to read some :)

The boy came home from his dad's all smiles and 'I missed you mom' (was only gone since yesterday about noon, but isn't that sweet?). Life is good, we chat for a bit and then the evening events go like this;

me-ok go have a shower, it's 8
boy-well I was swimming today
me-still not a shower
boy-*no comment
me-um, shower
boy-starts to play with cat
me- (I know this will turn into argument not going there, so I say nothing)
boy-I'm going to play PS
me-only until 9
boy-it's already 8:35
me-yes and I asked you to have a shower at 8
boy-*no comment
me-ok it's 9 bedtime
boy-what?! It's summer
me-yes and I asked you to have a shower at 8
boy-*stomps to room and comes out with little pup tent
me-and you're planning on doing what?
boy-I'm camping in the living room
me-no, you're going to bed in your room
boy-*the look
boy-but I want to camp in the living room
me-yes and I asked you to have a shower at 8
boy-*stomps into bedroom, then comes out starts making noises and ignoring me
me-by the way, there will be no computer tomorrow
boy-but I was only joking
me-I wasn't
boy-*stomps back into room and shuts door
boy-*places a 'stay out everyone' sign with angry face on it on his door (guess that means me as I'm the only other person in the house) and shuts his bedroom door.
BTW, he'll be having his shower in the morning before he does anything else. Ahhh, to think the teenage years are not even upon me yet, LOL!


Scrapping News Alert!!

Sunshine Studio has made a huge announcement...11 new desginers!! Their stores are all open and the product is flowing in. There are sales galore going on over there so head on over and take advantage. Also if you haven't already, head to the Sunshine blog and hit the links for the mega freebie collab Mango Tango. There are 24 parts to this amazing kit, we're talking big, huge, massive.

Scrap Orchard has a sale going on right now also. There's some really nice new stuff in the market from all the designers. Bethany has a buy 2 wordart packs get the third for free and Shauna's CU overlays have a sweet deal as well.


Ok, on to my freebie. I did another word template. This one kind of coordinates with 'Splash', it's called 'Sand'. Hope you enjoy and for reading all the way to here, there is a wordart overlay for you as well.

Download: *sorry link is no longer available*Download: *sorry link is no longer available*

Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Armina said...

thanks for the freebie :)

Monique said...

Thanks for all the news. hahaha aren't kids fun? Mine's only 3 but she's very much like her parents... lol, so we're in for a wild ride when she becomes a tenager I think! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Oh I feel for you on the home front - I have a 4 year old that tries to act like that.

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Cute freebies. Sounds like you have your hands full with your guy ;)

Please visit my blog for a post about a precious little girl in Florida who is missing.

Anonymous said...

Oh as the mom of a moody 10 year old boy, drama queen 8 year old and almost three terror, I really feel your pain!

Thank you for the freebie!!

Anonymous said...

Cute story...I have an 8 year old with similar shower attitudes, so it made me laugh. Just recently, we had a similar conversation on the way home from camp.

DS: "Dad, you didn't pack my shower gel in my bag"
DH: "That's right, remember I told you that the bottle was too big and we packed the bar soap instead?"
DS: "Oh... yeah."

To say the least...no shower at camp. Ewwwwwwww

Sometimes boys are just gross...but I wouln't change them for the world!

Thanks, too, for the freebie!

Angie
(jeepmama from scrap orchard)

Evan's Eclipse said...

You could have been reenacting the coversation that I have with my son each night. He is almost 9 and I was hoping that we would get past this stage, but maybe not. Thanks for sharing.