jaye’s spot

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

updates, cool news and freebie made by me...but is somewhere else

Well if anyone has visited you can see I have a new header for my blog. Shauna of Pineapple Plantation Designs graciously gave me permission to use her A Girl's Best Friend kit to spruce up the blog. My goal is to go pink for October but I'm still learning all this blogger stuff. I would like to take one of her papers and use it as my background. So if anyone knows how, I would love some pointers.
House front............my condo is on hold. The things that I need to take care of are going to take me longer and involve more people. I won't bore you with the details other than to say fighting the government is not fun. Have done a little packing though. Going to do some sorting and pitching.

So I've dabbled in some papers, made an orange, red, yellow, green, and 2 brown. Not sure I'm ready to preview them though. Just don't have the confidence, so we'll see.

Took the B-man to the doctor today, he has an ear infection. Bizarre how all these years of being clear (thanks to tubes when he was 4) and he has had 2 in just over a year. He noticed it because his ear was plugged and wouldn't drain. I took a look, recognized the colour and phone call to doctor was made. Don't need him having a real excuse to not listen to me, LOL.

Exciting things coming up this weekend. Us Wonder Girls are having a Blog Hop Party to kick of Sunshine Wonder Week, meaning each one of us will have a special freebie on our blogs. Our freebies coordinate with Anchor's Away a fun collab that the Sunshine Team released in August. Now, we are back with SWW this coming Sunday and are featuring the amazing kit, Sunflowers. Don't miss out on all the fun!!

Scrap Orchard is hosting another Make it Snappy this weekend and Ziggle Designs is hosting and offering up the participation prize. Can I say that I've seen it and it is really cute!! Not only that but some of us on the CT have created some QP's for everyone and we will be giving those away as you blog hop..............hmmmm, so that would be 2 freebies from me this weekend!!

Speaking of freebies, if you visit the Polka Dot Plums blog you can pick up a Jack Album I made using their Quirky Crow kit....I just love the red, black and blue in this kit.


10 comments:

Jennifer said...

love the new header. Give me a buzz and I can help you set up the background to match.

Lilja said...

I love the new header - so fitting to go pink for October!! I'm so intimidated by this html stuff so I've only done my blog once LOL
Gorgeous album you created!! And I can't wait for the bloghop weekend!!

Unknown said...

The album is great!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us :)

Ava in Wonderland said...

Cool header and what a cute album!!

Creative Junkie said...

I had to laugh at your comment about not listening because of an ear infection ... I would SWEAR that my daughters have had 24/7 ear infections for the past five years.

MrsRomer said...

You're doing great with the blog header. I'm too chicken to even try, yet. I will at some point.

Sally said...

Beautiful! Thank you!

Teri said...

Joanne- love the new header and I shall try to find the answer to your blog question because I have the same one!

Ajila said...

Just wanted to say thank you for the really cool jack album. I love getting presents!!! Leaving you some love.

Sharon B. said...

Love your new header. I am tired so I just sat and read and felt right at home, seemed a lot like some parties I have been to. FUN! Be sure to send me an invite for the next one. Really looking forward to seeing your treasures with all the names where I can find them. I may own several of them before long, cause I sure like what I see. See you soon. Sharon (graciesgram)